I cried today.
Well, a few times.
That happens a lot lately. And I really REALLY hate to cry when other humans are within viewing range. I’m not a fan of being the center of attention- and having a meltdown in public seems to cause that to happen.
In case you catch me in the act, let’s jusr pretend I’ve recently returned from chopping up some seriously potent onions.
No need to ask what’s wrong. I may have tears in my eyes from any of the following reasons:
-I have a 4 year old in my home with a broken heart. (Sad tears)
-I actually have 4 children. (Happy tears.)
-Sweet Baby Moses, I have 4 children. (Terrified tears.)
-I’m recovering from another tantrum (not my own. Yet.)
-The world is so broken.
-I’m amazed at the compassionate hearts these kids have after experiencing a pretty horrible start.
-I’m feeling like the world’s worst mom.
-The thought of making dinner pushed me over the edge.
-I’m in awe by the support team we have through DHS and counselors.
-The youngest either told me I was the best mom ever or “so mean.”
...
We’re going to make it. There is beauty and good in the midst.
But it’s hard. The hardest season in the last 41 years.
And I’d do it over again in a heartbeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment