We just returned from a short trip to Seattle. The kids went to Emerald City Comicon and I attended the Northwest Ministry Conference. (yes, two VERY different experiences.) It's possible my kids were born in the wrong decade. They both prefer 70's and 80's music. There is much singing along from the backseat with Steve Miller Band, Billy Joel, etc.
I have a whole big bunch of peace about Monday's court hearing. I think the main difference is that it doesn't feel even the tiniest bit personal. The decision is between DHS and grandmother... no part of it depends on how "good" we are as a family. I have zero control over what happens at this point. That doesn't mean I won't be heartbroken if the judge decides to give custody to his grandmother, but the process seems a bit easier.
While I have peace, I'm very ready for a decision to be made. The waiting is hard.
Please pray for wisdom for the judge on Monday. The hearing starts at 10am. I would give a whole lot to be a fly on the wall in that court room.
Praying and eager to hear the results!
ReplyDelete