Thursday, February 6, 2014

The P Word


The P Word.

That thing that everyone tells you not to pray for.

The last few months has been a huge test of it.

Patience. I knew an adoption could take a while, but I had no idea how incredibly slowly the wheels would turn. I had this idea in my head that since we weren't seeking a newborn, things would move faster. Silly, silly me.

There's still hope. Things still look positive. But there's currently no end in sight. No dates have been set and no one knows when that may happen.  And in the meantime, there's a 6 year old boy in NE Salem who is waiting for his forever family.

Steve and I pray for K every night. We pray that he is protected and loved. We pray that he'll end up in the family that God has already chosen. We pray that this process will somehow go smoother. It brings tears to my eyes every time. Hearing Steve say his name hits my heart in a weird way.

At dinner tonight, Gabe prayed for K, too. This wait is hard on all of us. Yet we all know that God's timing is absolutely perfect.

Signed:
Hopeful in South Salem

No comments:

Post a Comment