Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Hardest Part



Patience.  It keeps coming back to patience.

It took patience to get pregnant with Sierra.

We waited and hoped for years for a second child... until Gabe appeared out of no where.

And now we wait again.

This adoption stuff is hard!  I know that there are thousands of kids in need of a forever family. I think that's what makes this hardest on my heart. I want to bring this child home now-- yet there's a process... there's overworked caseworkers... there's rules and regulations... There isn't a 'hurry' anywhere else.

We expected to have an initial "meeting" via skype with a young man in the Seattle area. I waited and waited for the call on Thursday. (And yes, I even tested my phone to make sure it was working.) I'm still not sure exactly what went wrong, but his caseworker said he had a lot of questions and it didn't seem like an appropriate time. Then she mentioned something about an aunt that she needed to do some research on.

My heart is heavy.  Yes, I know I need to have more patience. I get that. But it's more than just the patience part. My heart is longing for this child we've been praying for. I don't know who he is... but he already belongs here. I need him to be home and safe.

*sigh* One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment